Time Warner Cable News; Charlotte, NC
- Reporter; March 2015 – Present
- One-man-band reporter for Time Warner Cable News in Charlotte.
- Deliver breaking news liveshots, participate in extended live team coverage of major stories, and shoot, write and edit packages.
- Covered the Charlotte protests and fallout in the aftermath of the Keith Scott shooting; the House Bill 2 controversy; various in-depth, long-form stories
WWLP 22News; Springfield, MA
- Multimedia Journalist; January 2012 – February 2015
- Reporter for the #1 station in western Massachusetts (NBC affiliate).
- On top of reporting responsibilities, also took on producing, web and social media and editing roles as needed.
- Covered the aftermath of the June 1st 2011 tornado that killed four people, the 2012 Springfield gas explosion, the deadly Boston Marathon bombings and the death of an F-15 fighter pilot from Barnes Air National Guard Base.
The Martha’s Vineyard Times; Vineyard Haven, MA
- Web Coordinator, Video Journalist; May 2011 – December 2011
- Produced video, copy and photo contents for the Martha’s Vineyard Times website and updated the site daily.
- Managed the MV Times social media accounts. Host, produced, shot and edited “The MV Times Weekly Update” web show.
Neighborhood Network News; Boston, MA
- General Assignment Reporter; Jan. 2011 – May 2011
- News reporting for Boston’s Comcast Cable News channel.
BUTV10; Boston, MA
- On-Air Reporter/Anchor; Sept. 2010 – Jan. 2011
- Anchored and produced weekly afternoon newscasts at Boston University’s student-run TV station. Shot and edited breaking news stories and delivered live reports during newscasts.
- Covered the 2010 Massachusetts gubernatorial election.
Editing: Final Cut Pro, AVID, Edius, Adobe Premiere, Dalet, Audacity, AVID ProTools, Photoshop, InDesign, Soundslides Plus.
Language: Fluent in Korean.
EDUCATION: Boston University Collaborative Dual-Degree Program; May 2011
- College of Communication:Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism, Cum Laude
- College of Arts and Sciences: Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, Cum Laude
Cumulative GPA: 3.47
You can download the PDF version here: YoojinChoResume 2017