About three months ago, I packed up all my shoes and clothes and drove for 12 hours. Destination – Charlotte, North Carolina.
After three wonderful years in western Massachusetts, I wanted to take the next step in my career and start reporting for a bigger audience in a bigger TV market. After a whirlwind of phone interviews, several flights and in-person interviews, I landed in the Queen City.
And to sum up my experience so far in the new city?
- I went from the constantly-20-degree arctic tundra to record breaking heat and humidity…
- So many breweries in Charlotte!
- Love the fact that many restaurants with patio here welcome your four-legged fur friends and bring out water bowls for them too.
- I met Cam Newton!!! (Don’t worry Cowboys and Pats, I still like you guys)
- Waking up at 3:30am is tough! Yes, 3:30. In the morning. Well, in the middle of the night? I had to say buh-bye to my evening newscasts and now I encourage people with wake up with us on channel 14!
I say this every time, but I will do a better job at keeping up with this blog to bring you more Charlotte updates!